The British Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine Association (BAHMA) is an educational and nonprofit professional membership organisation. The primary goals of BAHMA are to generate cooperation and build a sense of community among acupuncturists and other Holistic Medicine professionals, expanding the public understanding of Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine and promoting access to Holistic Medicine for all people.
The role of the BAHMA is to set up a Members representative association to protect its members and the public interest by promoting and safeguarding high professional standards by upholding the values of effectiveness, inclusiveness, accountability and transparency in all aspects of its work.
British Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine Association is an unincorporated association.
BAHMA does not have paid workers and run by volunteers only.
JOIN FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP WITH BAHMA
- Licence exemption for ALL London borrows (for qualified acupuncturists only); all acupuncture practitioners in London are exempt of paying licence fees;
- Full membership scheme is £100 per year only;
- Professional and legal advice for Holistic Health practitioners;
- Up to 40% discount for the participation in the events organised by BAHMA (seminars, workshops, holistic fairs, etc);
- Vote in the affairs of BAHMA;
- Opportunity to participate in the Patient Referral program;
- Exclusive opportunity to display the logo of BAHMA on a professional website.
If the area where you practice is not covered by BAHMA exemption agreement, please contact the administration team firstname.lastname@example.org
BAHMA does not provide a professional liability insurance. We advise to contact BALENS Special Insurance Brokers to cover your professional practice http://www.balens.co.uk
Aims of BAHMA:
- To advocate and promote education and training in the area of Acupuncture and Holistic Health;
- To generate cooperation and build a sense of community among acupuncturists and other Holistic Medicine professionals;
- To assist the membership in licensure, regulation, and health care issues as appropriate to local needs;
- To compile a register of the names and relevant details of all individuals holding membership of the BAHMA;
- To establish and maintain high standards of training and education for the Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine professions;
- To share information within the community of Acupuncture and Holistic medicine practitioners, other medical professionals and the community at large;
- To enhance people’s awareness and to provide the knowledge of healthy living approaches and services available to the general public;
- To promote and assist activities that nurture the health of our community, our nation and the world.
Continue here http://bahma.org/constitution/